- 24-Mar-2017 to 23-May-2017 (MST)
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- $10.00/hour base rate
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Discounts, PTO
FANTASTIC COMPUTER TECHNICIAN OPPORTUNITY! PC Laptops is a high volume computer sales and repair company looking for a full time Computer Technician to repair household and small business computer Hardware and Software. The Computer Technician role is more than just a job, it's a career. PC Laptops provides computer security and support services for home users. We are experiencing massive growth and are needing great Computer Technicians to be a part of it.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Guaranteed Base at $10 per hour plus High Bonuses for performance (Average Technician makes $15 to $18/Hr)
- Advancement opportunities (We're growing fast and we need Tech managers)
- Daily spiffs and monthly bonuses!
- Fun, high energy, and positive environment.
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance eligibility after 2 months- and lots more!
Our Computer Technicians perform basic and moderately complex troubleshooting and repair activities, typically associated in an end-user environment, including but not limited to PC's, desktops, laptops, tablets and printers. They answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically. They may provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively communicate with the end-user and service desk personnel regarding arrival times, repair time estimates and status of the repair
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades top customers.
- Read trade magazines, technical manuals and confer with team members to maintain knowledge of hardware and software.
- Understand and follow all documented service operations policies and procedures.
WHAT SKILLS ARE NEEDED
- Must know how to repair Windows computers using diagnostic software to troubleshoot computers to determine hardware failures
- Must be knowledgeable in installing and upgrading Windows & Apple Operating Systems and be able to download specific drivers and software for hardware requirements.
- Ability to use electrical volt meters, soldering irons, and computer repair tools is required.
ATTRIBUTES WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Passion to succeed!
- Great work ethic!
- Teachable and can copy what the best reps do.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to multitask and function under stress.
A FEW NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS
- Prior Computer Technician Experience Preferred
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent
- Reliable daily transportation.
- Must be at least 18 years old
PC Laptops is committed to equal employment opportunity and employs individuals without regard to any legally recognized protected class including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age and physical or mental disability or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.